August 25th, 2016
As previously communicated and an update:
· Fact Sheet published July 13th , 2016 in The Jersey Journal.
· Pre-mobilization activities (soil/air sampling, survey, utility markout) from July 18th through July 22nd.
· Mobilization activities (delivery of equipment and materials, setting up traffic control signs, installing silt fence) from July 25th through July 29th.
· Construction activities from August 1st through August 16th . Construction included removal of existing concrete sidewalk, soil excavation to depths ranging from 2 to 5 feet below grade, offsite transport and disposal of excavated soil, installation of a liner and warning layer at the base of the excavation, backfilling the excavation with clean fill, installation of soil erosion fabric, and mulching.
· Equipment demobilization completed on Friday, August 19th.
· Removal of traffic signs and temporary fencing to be completed by the end of this week.
· Draft Remedial Action Report summarizing the remedy and completion of work, will be provided to the property owner (“A” Condominium Association), PPG, and City of Jersey City by September 12th for review.
· Submission of the Remedial Action Report to the NJDEP by approximately September 20th.
Once the site restoration is complete (signs and temporary fencing removed), we will provide photos documenting completion of the work.
July 27, 2016 – Large equipment has moved into the area to start remediation. Let’s hope it goes smoothly.
July 18, 2016 – Minor Change to plan – ADA ramp into 110 First building at the north west corner of park removed and two tables and chairs added. 110 First changed the commercial space and no longer wanted an entrance into their building from the park. Continue reading Pedestrian Path Park Renovation – Chromium Cleanup Plan